SG Questions – August 7
SMALL GROUP QUESTIONS
ASKING FOR A FRIEND – Part 1
Questions about Faith
- Do you enjoy conversations that include debating and sharing differences of opinion or are those conversations stressful for you? Explain why and share examples.
- Why do you think culture often views science and the Christian faith to be at odds?
- Agree or disagree: “Every person is a person of faith.” Explain.
Look Down: Read Hebrews 11:6
- What stands out to you about this verse?
- How would you explain faith to someone without using a bible verse?
2 Good Questions to ask about Faith:
- What is the CENTER of my faith?
- What (or who) are potential answers to what is at the center of one’s faith?
- To determine your faith’s center, share answers to the following questions:
- Where did I come from?
- What is my purpose?
- What happens after I die?
- Why is it important to know what or who is at the center of my faith?
- Did you struggle with answering any of these questions? Which ones?
- How do your decisions and relationships change based on what/who is at the center of your faith?
- How has your life changed based on what/who is at the center of your faith?
- What is the CERTAINTY of my faith?
- On a scale of 1-100, how certain are you of what you have placed your faith in?
- What, if anything, would change that number?
- Why is certainty important when it comes to faith?
- Who are some people you know who don’t have Christ as the center of their faith?
- Spend 3 mornings this week and pray for them.
- Pray also for a chance to share your faith with them.