January 16 – SG Questions
SMALL GROUP QUESTIONS
I’M GOOD – part two
- Share the most difficult part of your life to change that you know needs changing. Why?
- Share what you think people mean when they say, “God knows my heart” to defend their lifestyle? What other defenses do you hear people use regarding lifestyle and faith?
Look Down: James 2:14-26
- Based on this passage of Scripture and/or the weekend message, what stands out to you?
- What questions do you have?
- Are you now, or have you ever, struggled with a faith that is inactive? Explain why you currently struggle or what helped you overcome a former struggle.
- What would you say to someone who is relying on what they believe to make them good with God without any significant change to their lifestyle?
3 good works that reveal a LIVING faith:
- Works that help people WORSHIP God
- Read Matthew 5:14-16 – What stands out to you?
- Share some ways you’ve seen someone shine their light that impacted you.
- Share some ways you let your light shine to help others worship God.
- Works that help people KNOW God
- Read John 8:31-32 & 14:21– What stands out to you?
- Discuss different ways you can know someone and how those impact your understanding of the ways people know Jesus.
- What difference does it make in your personal life to hear that Jesus wants you to be known and loved by Himself and the Father? Give specific examples.
- Share some ways people can help others know God more deeply.
- Works that help people SERVE God
- Read Ephesians 2:8-10 – What stands out to you?
- Do you know God’s purpose for your life? If so, share it and how you know.
- Brainstorm ways your group can help others discover and serve God’s purposes.
- What’s one specific step you will take this week as a result of the message and your group discussion?